Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Organised Medicine

LOL! Medicine is big business these days, particularly surgical medicine.

With a week to go before my left total knee replacement I had a call early this morning from one of the 'clinic nurses' following up on a few aspects arising from my "Pre-Admission Medical", which was really reassuring 'cos it means that they are looking at all the pathology, cardiology and radiology assessments.

This evening I was again contacted to ensure I had obtained a pair of "Canadian Crutches" for my post-op ambulation and to ascertain how I was going to arrange my post-discharge physiotherapy. Then another call to re-schedule my post-operative follow-up assessment.

I reckon for what I'm paying - around $12,000(AUS)for the titanium knee implant alone - I should be getting that attention.

Now all I have to do his deal with my own anxiety!

1 comment:

Gill - That British Woman said...

good luck with that. My mother had her knee replaced a couple of years ago, and needs the other one done at some point. It's not an easy operation to go through. You will need to take it easy for a while.

Thanks dor popping by and commenting on my blog.

Gill in Canada