Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Slow Cooker Lamb

I'm cooking this tomorrow.


SLOW COOKER LAMB STROGANOFF


Ingredients:

½  kg lamb chunks
4 lamb kidneys, cleaned and quartered
¼  cup all-purpose flour
½  teaspoon salt
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can chopped mushrooms, drained
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup of beef or vegetable stock
1 cup sour cream

Preparation:

Add lamb chunks, kidneys salt, onion, mushrooms and garlic into a plastic bag, add flour and toss to mix and coat well.
Put in slow cooker and add stock.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
Stir sour cream into hot meat mixture about 10 minutes before 

2 comments:

Cindy@NorthofWiarton said...

Hi John, I would like to share this if I might ? with my Recipe Exchange & my friends who have the Sheep Farm. Drop me a line when you have a moment please & thank you in advance.

AstridsSoapbox said...

Again with the mouthwatering lamb recipes! It is impossible to get a decent piece of lamb in Hawaii...the stuff imported from Oz is cut incorrectly here, so everything tastes like shoe leather. Plus, I swear they call mutton, lamb. Either that or Oz is producing some giant sized lambs these days.
I've just acquired a Halo infrared oven...got any good recipes for that baby?
Smiles - Astrid