Pages

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Homeleigh Grove Orchard

Yesterday - Saturday Australian time - I walked up town to the news agency and the chemist. Yass Farmer's Markets were on and the town was rather busy for 10am.

Yass CWA Ladies in the Rotary stall and two young ladies
involved in the Relay for Life - a life-changing cancer event
that help communities across the globe fight back against cancer.

Traffic queued at the Meehan Street traffic lights in the centre of town

I called in at the Yass Farmer's Markets and went into the Parish Church Hall where many of the food stalls are located.

St Augustine's Parish Hall

Plant stall outside the hall at Yass Farmer's Markets

Today, I was a 'man on a mission' - when I was here two weeks ago I needed some more Truffle Flavoured Olive Oil from Homeleigh Grove Olives to replace the last of my stock but had been disappointed as they had none available. This time I was fortunate to obtain a 250ml bottle of this award winning Olive Oil - 
  • "Sydney Fine Food Awards"; 
  • "Australian Olive Association Awards"; 
  • "Melbourne Fine Food Awards"; and, 
  • "Royal Canberra EVOO Show". 
I also obtained a lovely locally baked loaf of ciabatta bread baked in the style from the area encompassing Lake Como in Italy and has a crisp crust, a somewhat soft, porous texture, and is light to the touch. This would go nicely with a home-made beef Ravioli I had prepared. A little of the Truffle Olive Oil on the ciabatta and the Ravioli made an excellent dinner for us on Saturday night.


Ciabatta Bread (file photo)

Beef Ravioli in preparation.


The Homeleigh Olive Oil Range are great products:


Lowanna's Paddock label is always a more spicy medium to
robust oil - reflecting the character of the original Lowanna!

The Homeleigh Grove label is always a fruity mild
to medium oil with a tinge of pepperness.


Orders are taken by Homeleigh Grove Orchard from their webpage Homeleigh Grove Olives Order Form


Yass Farmer's Markets are now located in the grounds of St Augustine's Parish in Yass and are held on the first and third Saturday each month.


Yass Farmer's Markets are located in St Augustine's church grounds
in Meehan Street Yass, (just over the ladies head in this picture you
will see the church spire)












3 comments:

Jo said...

I didn't go down to the market yesterday, still recovering from ear infection. I love the bread and we normally buy muffins from the market for lunch! I like having it there better than the showground! Closer and more sheltered.

JohnD said...

I agree. As a mature-aged resident I find I can now walk to the markets since its been at St Augustine's. I had to drive when it was up the hill at the showground!

Elephant's Child said...

Farmers Markets are a simply wonderful idea. I go to ours when I can (not within walking distance) and always have a wonderful time.