Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

LEGOLAND ??? Where the heck is LEGOLAND?

I was talking to my grandsons last night on the telephone. I asked them if they would like to spend some time with their Pa and Nanny up at "The Camp" in the summer holidays?

"No Pa! But we would like to go to LEGOLAND!"

"LEGOLAND?" I remarked. "Where is LEGOLAND?" half laughing 'cos I thought it was a product of their very active imaginations (These two boys have buckets and buckets of LEGO - they have been collecting it since they were born!)

"It's in San Diego in California!" the eldest boy said. "Will you take us there Pa?"

I had to look it up and sure enough there is a LEGOLAND in (near) San Diego, California, USA!


LEGOLAND California is a 128-acre park geared specifically towards youngsters ages two through 12. With over 50 family rides, "hands-on" attractions and shows, LEGOLAND California provides education, adventure and fun in this first park of its kind in the United States. In addition to LEGOLAND California (opened March 20, 1999), there are currently 3 LEGOLAND parks in the world - LEGOLAND Billund in Denmark marked its 40th anniversary in 2008; LEGOLAND Windsor outside of London opened in 1996, and has been awarded the British Government's top honor for excellence in academic programs and LEGOLAND Deutschland in Germany opened the Spring of 2002. LEGOLAND Florida will open in the fall of 2011.

Apparently, I am well informed from a reliable source, LEGO in Latin means "I put together" or "I assemble."

LEGOLAND California even has a themed Water Park and a Lego train ride!



Oh Well!  Looks like we wont be getting that new car next year and a trip to California may be in the offing! LOL!


6 comments:

Sharon said...

It would be the thrill of a lifetime, if you took them! It does sound really neat!

Gill - That British Woman said...

will you be my grandpa and take me as well!!!

Thanks for the info on the cleaner,

Gill in Canada

LindaG said...

Maybe you should opt for the one in London instead...
My brother blogged about Legos recently, too. They went to a Brickworld convention in Ft. Wayne, Indiana the beginning of October.

People made portraits and skyscrapers and all sorts of things. If your grandsons are interested in seeing the pictures, you can see them here: http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/581268878sdtEer

Have fun and a safe trip wherever you go! Maybe they will change their minds before you go.

San Diego is mostly dry in December, with highs of 18.8 C and lows of 9.4 C; but like anywhere lately there are no guarantees with all the crazy weather.

John Going Gently said...

there's one in the UK too John!

Shammickite said...

I've just come back from Florida, and I heard all about the new Legoland that will be opening soon. My son desperately wants to go there.... and he's 40!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

That sounds like a kid's dream vacation - they should have one of those on the East coast!