Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Early morning run

Up at 5.30 am - have to pick up a gentleman at 6.30 and run him over to The Canberra Hospital for admission to the surgical unit at 7.30am.

Then its back to Warroo and deliver a shower chair to a rural property up Carrington Road.

Should be back home (hopefully) around 9.00am for breakfast, then see what the day brings. Will certainly have to do a trip to the butchers and the hot bake bakery at Woolworths.

 -3C here, so I'll be out de-icing the Subaru in a few minutes!

_______________________________________________________________________

Well! What a trip - fog, frost and 'Black Ice' over the roadways in the ACT - glad I don't get too many like that.

By the time I headed home the sun was out and my second job took me up Spring Range Road into the upper Yass Valley.

Spring Range

Lots of 'specialty farms' up there - wild ducks on ponds, fat geese in paddocks, herds of deer being bred for venison, alpacas, yearling beef and sheep producing sweet lambs.

Curious Alpacas

Venison Herd

Yearling Beef (sorry about the post)

Wild Ducks

There was a field of fat geese but I couldn't pull over in time to get a photo. This is an old rural area that has been broken up into smaller 'farmlets' (Hobby Farms).

Remains of old farm sheds

Old farm shed

Certainly made for a pleasant diversion at the end of my run! Anyway, home by 9.30 and a light breakfast, will check my daily mail then off to do the "Monday chores" - Newsagents, Post Office, Butcher and Denny for his run down along Riverbank Park.




4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Yes it was brisk this morning - but wasn't it a beautiful day. I do love Canberra's winters. Crisp and clean.

momto8blog said...

sounds like an eventful day! you need that early start to get everything done! the farms pictures are very cool!!

JohnD said...

Cool is right - it was still only 2C when i took those - I had the car heater up on a fan '3' setting.

Jo said...

I do love those early morning trips into Canberra, with frosts and fog. Lovely pics of the animals.