I have to use 'The Real Thing ' here for legal reasons but you know what the real thing is, don't you?
1. The Real Thing was first invented by a pharmacist name John Pemberton as a medicine to cure headaches.
2. The Real Thing go its name because of the original ingredients used in the medicine, Coca leaves and Kola seeds. Wine was also added in place of sugar similar to the coke we drink today.
3. When Mentos is added to the Real Thing, the carbon dioxide in the coke will be rapidly released, causing the coke in the bottle to burst out. Diet variety works the best.
4. The Real Thing can be used to help cure jellyfish stings.
5. The Real Thing can also be used as a cleaning solution, cleaning anything from rusty pans to dirty toilets. It can also be used to remove odor.
6. If you accidentally got gum in your hair, rinse it in The Real Thing and the gum will come of very easily.
7. The Real Thing usually have the phrase “Original Formula” near the bottom of their cans/bottles, but it is not actually “original”, since in 1985, a portion of the sugar in The Real Thing was removed and replaced by high fructose corn syrup, causing an altered taste as well as causing the coke to become unhealthy.
8. The Real Thing was first green in colour.
9.It used to contain cannabis but in 1905 it was removed due to public concern.
10.The Real Thing 's name means “to make mouth happy” in Chinese.
11.If you put T-bone steak in coke it will be gone in 2 days.
12.If all the The Real Thing bottles in the world were laid end to end they would reach the moon and back more than 1,677 times.
13.While someone was having a competition “who can drink the most coke in one go” they drank 8 bottles of The Real Thing and died on the spot. This was because he had too much carbon dioxide and to less oxygen in his blood.
14.In many states highway patrols carry 2 gallons of The Real Thing in the truck to remove blood from car accidents on the highway.
15.You can clean toilet by pouring a can of The Real Thing down it and leaving it for 1 hour.
16.You can use it to help remove grease stains and loosen rusty bolts.
17.The name of the flavour base included in the secret formula for The Real Thing is referred to as 7X.
18. Only a few people know the secret formula for The Real Thing . Concentrate for The Real Thing is made in a number of centralised production facilities, and is exported to all countries in the world that bottle The Real Thing .
19. The Real Thing was invented on May 8, 1886 by Dr John Styth Pemberton, a pharmacist, in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. It first went on sale in Jacob's Pharmacy, Atlanta, Georgia.
20. The bottling rights for The Real Thing were sold for US$1.00 in the 1890's. The trademark, used in the marketplace since 1886, was registered with the US Patent Office on January 31, 1893 and the trademark 'Coke' was registered in 1945.
21. The Real Thing is the most recognised trademark, recognised by 94% of the world's population and is the most widely recognised word after "OK".
22. The type of print used for the The Real Thing logo is called "Spencerian Script".
23. Artist Haddon Sundblom's portraits for Christmas holiday advertisements, which began in the 1930's helped mould the image of a red-suited Santa Claus.
24. The Real Thing was first sold in Australia in 1937 and in New Zealand in 1939.
25. The Real Thing and the Olympics began their association in Amsterdam in the summer of 1928. That association has continued for all subsequent Games.
26. The 'diet' version was launched nationally in Australia in 1983. By the end of that year, it was already the second highest selling carbonated soft drink in Australia after The Real Thing .
27. The Real Thing corporate system has more than 500 brands available around the world and there are more than 1200 bottling plants around the world.
28. The first two countries to bottle The Real Thing after it was introduced in the United States were Cuba and Panama.
29. There are nearly 10,450 soft drinks of The Real Thing consumed every second of every day.
30. In its first year, servings of The Real Thing amounted to less than 10 a day. Today one billion servings are consumed every day!
31. If all The Real Thing ever produced were in regular sized bottles, there would be over 4 trillion bottles. If these were stacked on a football field the total would make a mountain over 325 miles high. This is more than 60 times taller than Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world.
32. The Real Thing first came to Asia after the turn of the century when it was introduced in the Philippines. Local bottling operations began soon after in both the Philippines and China.
33. The longest distribution route is in Australia - 2,186 miles from Perth, Western Australia to the north of the state!
34. Although The Real Thing is enjoyed ice-cold around the world, in Hong Kong it is sometimes served hot as a remedy for colds!
35. If all The Real Thing ever produced were flowing over Niagra falls at its normal rate of 1.5 million gallons per second instead of water, the falls would flow for 38 hours and 46 minutes!
36.The Northern Territory has the highest per capita consumption rate of The Real Thing in the world - 529.7 for total Company products